Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto - a simple recipe made quickly with fresh spinach, toasted pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parmesan. Delicious tossed with pasta or over grilled chicken.
Pesto is one of those foods that can really pack a flavor-punch. It's made with simple, pure ingredients in just a matter of minutes. For my simple spinach pesto I use fresh spinach, garlic, olive oil, toasted pine nuts and splash of lemon juice and parmesan cheese. It's so full of flavor and smells amazing as it comes together!
Pesto is great when tossed with pasta, spread on sandwiches, used as a topping for a burger or grilled chicken or even as a dip with a chip. Seriously endless possibilities.
Keeping it simple, and remembering that "simple is often best".
Simple Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Combine the spinach, pine nuts, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Lightly pulse. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil, blending until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the parmesan and pulse.
- Season with salt to taste.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.