Last Updated on
This easy to make Apricot Ginger Glaze is the perfect topping for salmon…
Since we love to grill outside and our evenings are still quite mild, I decided to grill a beautiful, thick piece of salmon the other night and I made a sweet and savory apricot ginger glaze using dried apricots. The dried apricots gave the delicate sauce a lovely sweetness that paired well with the salmon.
I sofented the apricots first in hot water and sliced them into strips. Then, I cooked the apricots in a little white wine, orange juice, low-sugar apricot preserves and added a touch of tarragon and ginger for a little added zest to the glaze.
The apricot ginger glaze was very flavorful and perfect on the salmon. For this low-carb dinner, I served the salmon on a bed of sautéed spinach and drizzled the apricot glaze over the top.
Apricot Ginger Glaze For Salmon
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons low sugar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- salt , to taste
- Place the apricots in a bowl and set aside. Boil the water and pour over the apricots. Allow the apricots to soften about 5 minutes. Drain and cool so the apricots are easy to handle.
- Slice the apricots into strips and set aside.
- Add the oil to a medium saucepan set to medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the orange juice, sliced apricots and the preserves and cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the wine, tarragon and ginger. Bring to a simmer and cook an additional 3 minutes..
- Serve over salmon.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.