Making peanut butter at home is so easy to to. Just peanuts added to your food processor, sweeten with a bit of honey (optional) and a little salt.
I love peanut butter! I spread it on just about everything but my favorite way to eat it is straight from the jar by the spoonful.
I’ve been buying “natural” peanut butter for years from the grocery. I love that the ingredients are simply peanuts and nothing else. Our local store has a big machine that is filled with peanuts and when you press the button, the machine grinds the peanuts and the fresh peanut butter comes out of the machine and into your container.
I was looking at that peanut machine on my last visit to the store and wondered if I could do the same thing in my kitchen and make peanut butter with a jar of peanuts in my food processor.
I decided to pick up a jar of unsalted roasted peanuts and give it a try.
I poured the jar of peanuts into the bowl of my food processor and turned it on. The peanuts crushed and turned into a paste.
It then turned into a thicker paste…
The thick paste became a ball…
As the peanut butter continued to “process”, the mixture became smoother and creamier.
I added some honey and a pinch of salt and continued to “process”. The end result was a creamy, smooth, oh so good peanut butter!
It’s wonderful to know each and every ingredient that’s put into this peanut butter. It’s simply peanuts, salt, honey and peanut oil, no additional additives or preservatives.
I also love that no oil collects in the top of the jar like you often find in other “store-bought” natural peanut butters. There’s no need to stir before using.
One side note: I usually use peanut oil, but on occasion, I have used canola oil when I’ve been out of peanut oil. I’ve also made this peanut butter without oil. It’s your choice. All are delicious.
Making Peanut Butter At Home
- 15 ounce jar of peanuts (I use unsalted dry roasted peanuts)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons peanut oil (optional)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Pour the jar of peanuts into the bowl of a food processor.
- Turn the food processor on. The peanuts will grind and thicken to a paste.
- As they continue to process, the mixture will continue to thicken and will form a ball.
- Continue to process until the peanut butter becomes smooth, which takes about 4 minutes.
- Add the honey, pinch of salt and oil (if using) and continue to process about 30 seconds more.
- Pour peanut butter into jars or a bowl and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.