Last Updated on
Grilled limoncello salmon is my favorite way to enjoy salmon.
With the warm months fast approaching, we find ourselves using our grill more often and I just love the taste of grilled salmon that has been immersed in a limoncello marinade. The sweet citrus taste of limoncello is a perfect choice for a marinade and it makes the delicate grilled limoncello salmon burst with flavor.
My husband makes his own limoncello from a recipe he got while he was in Italy on business but you can find limoncello on the store shelves. It’s a delightful liqueur to enjoy in a chilled glass on a hot summer afternoon or added to champagne to create a Limoncello Champagne Aperitif for a special occasion.
To begin, I first prepare a limoncello marinade. For the marinade, I mix olive oil, lemon juice and a few spoonfuls of limoncello with dried crushed rosemary and a pinch of salt and pepper and pour it over the salmon to marinate. I keep the salmon in the marinade for at least 20 minutes and then place it on a hot grill.
Limoncello marinade is also a delightful marinade for tofu and tastes great grilled. The otherwise flavorless tofu is infused with the sweet limoncello taste and gives it a wonderful flavor.
We served the grilled limoncello salmon on a simple bed of lettuce. It was tremendously enjoyed as always outside with a glass of sauvignon blanc.
Grilled Limoncello Salmon
- 1 pound of salmon, cut into pieces about 2-inches wide and 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill on a high heat.
- Place the salmon pieces in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the salmon.
- Turn the salmon pieces over halfway through marinating time.
- Remove the salmon pieces from the marinade and place on the grill and cook for 8 minutes on one side.
- Turn the salmon over and cook for an additional 8 minutes on the other side.
- Remove salmon from the grill and place on a plate.
- Cover the salmon with foil and let them rest for 5 minutes.
You might also enjoy: