Light and healthy Spicy Shrimp and Scallops - an easy-to-make dish that's loaded with juicy shrimp, plump scallops, sweet peppers and tomatoes cooked in a simmering sauce.
For an easy meal, I know I can always turn to shrimp. Shrimp cooks so quickly and because of that reason, I know that I can have a delicious home-cooked meal on the table in no time. When shrimp is paired with scallops that cook just as fast, I know I've got an elegant dinner that was a breeze to cook up.
Yes, shrimp has come to my mealtime rescue more times than I can count and believe me, no one around here is complaining.
Not one bit.
I know you'll love this Spicy Shrimp and Scallops recipe as much as we do. I make it often and my family loves it. Sometimes I add different vegetables depending on what I have on hand but I love to use peppers. The sweetness of the red and yellow peppers compliment the spicy flavors in the sauce.
Just because a meal comes together quickly doesn't mean it can't look elegant too. You could definitely serve this at a dinner party.
Along with the shrimp, scallops, and peppers, there's also onions, garlic and diced tomatoes.
The vegetables all cook quickly when cooked in a little olive oil. As the sauce simmers, I add in the scallops and the shrimp along with a pinch (or two, depending on how spicy you like it) of chili flakes, smoked paprika, and dried oregano.
It couldn't be any easier, could it?
Serve this flavor-packed dish over rice and maybe a loaf of crusty french bread and you've got a great meal.
Spicy Shrimp and Scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 red pepper , diced (seeds and stem removed)
- 1 yellow pepper , diced (seeds and stem removed)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 28 ounce can tomatoes , diced
- 1 pound shrimp , shelled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes (add more if you want it more spicy)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onion and diced peppers and cook over medium heat, stirring until softened, 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Pour in the contents of the can of diced tomatoes along with the juices.
- Add the shrimp and scallops to the pan.
- Stir in the salt, oregano, smoked paprika and chili flakes.
- Taste and add extra salt if needed.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.