A creamy Shrimp and Penne Pasta with Creamy Marinara Sauce is a quick, easy and tasty meal for a busy night.
I decided to combine a jar of marinara sauce with a bit of heavy cream over the stove. The sauce thickened up while it heated and turned into a rich and creamy marinara sauce that I poured over penne pasta.
Then, I simply cooked the shrimp in a little butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mixed them in the pasta. It was so creamy and delicious.
This will definitely be a go-to recipe for future evenings when I feel I don't have lots of time to make dinner!
Shrimp and Penne Pasta with Creamy Marinara Sauce
- 1 pound penne pasta (or choose your favorite pasta)
- 1 ounce jar Marinara Sauce (I used Classico 24 jar)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese , grated
- 2 cups shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Pour in the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the shrimp, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir several times until shrimp is cooked (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan over a medium high heat, pour in the marinara sauce and heavy cream. Stir constantly until heated through. Stir in the parmesan cheese. The sauce should thicken as it heats and as you stir.
- Place the penne pasta in a large bowl. Pour the creamy marinara sauce over the pasta and add the shrimp to the bowl. Stir well until everything is mixed throughout.
- Serve and garnish with fresh, torn basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan cheese, if you'd like.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.