Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Shrimp Pasta - a healthy rendition of classic comfort food...
Often our weeknights are so busy, I long for the weekends when I can cook a meal slowly and not rush to get dinner out on the table. This Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Shrimp Pasta is a meal that comes together quickly but looks and tastes like you spent hours preparing it.
Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Shrimp Pasta is not only a great meal for a busy evening but it's loaded with so many fresh flavors. You'll find a hefty amount of roasted broccoli and garlic. Plus, this dish is packed with flavorful sautéed shrimp and tossed with a creamy sauce.
Can we talk for a minute about roasted broccoli?
It is, in my opinion, the absolute best way to cook broccoli or actually any other type of vegetable. Toss the broccoli in a pan and drizzle a little olive oil over the top, then mix in a little salt and pepper and that's it! Roast the broccoli in the oven for about 25 minutes and voila! The best tasting broccoli ever. The broccoli is nicely browned around the edges, it's slightly crispy and I guarantee roasted broccoli will make a broccoli lover out of anyone.
While the broccoli and cloves of garlic are roasting in the oven, I cook the shrimp on the stove in a little melted butter and in another pot, I make up a creamy béchamel sauce. The sauce is really very simple to make and adds a lot of flavor to the dish.
After the pasta, the shrimp, the sauce, and the broccoli are cooked, the dish begins to come together. I combine the pasta, shrimp and the broccoli together, then I add in the sauce and toss until evenly covered. Season with a little salt and pepper, if necessary and grated parmesan cheese.
The crunch of the broccoli, the sweet flavor of the roasted garlic, the creamy, cheesy sauce and the tender pasta together are simply magical. If you'd like to enjoy a glass of wine, I would recommend a Pinot Noir or a Sauvignon Blanc.
Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
ROASTED BROCCOLI AND GARLIC
- 3 cups bite-sized fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic , thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat lightly salted water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Add pasta and cook 8 - 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE ROASTED BROCCOLI AND GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss well. Spread out onto large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and cream,stirring constantly for 5 - 6 minutes until thickened. Stir in the thyme, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and keep sauce warm until ready to serve.
- TO COOK THE SHRIMP
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper, cooking and stirring occasionally, another 2 - 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Combine pasta, shrimp, and broccoli in a large bowl. Toss with sauce until evenly covered. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
34 thoughts on “Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Shrimp Pasta”
I love crunch broccoli with all dente pasta… it’s just perfect combination!! I love how easy and fast to make this delicious dish!!
Such a wonderful recipe, thank you so much for sharing! I love roasted broccoli and garlic shrimp!
I am in love with shrimp pastas of all kind–I can’t wait to add this to my rotation! It looks deliciously cheesy and creamy 🙂
Thank you, Kayla. I hope you get to try it soon. It’s become one of my “most-requested” meals.
Shrimp pasta, yum!! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe! Perfect for Fall!
Oh yum! I love when delicious dishes (especially with shrimp) are so easy and perfect for a weeknight! Pinned!
This sounds fantastic! I love easy recipes!!
Pasta is one of my ultimate favorite things to prepare for my family. This combo is perfect. I have not used shrimp in for ever so I will go to the market soon and get some shrimp to fix this.
Yum!! We just had shrimp last night. My son is not a fan of broccoli, but I’m pretty sure he would love your recipe. I mean, who doesn’t love shrimp AND pasta?! Looking forward to trying it out.
This is one of my favorite go-to meals: so delicious!! I’ll have to try your recipe next time! <3
This looks so tasty! I can almost smell roasted garlic and taste the crunchy broccoli! Yuummmyy!
I’ve made something similar to this before and loved it! I’ll have to try your sauce next time! Have you thought about putting in roasted red bell pepper- it was amazing when I threw it in!
I’ve done something similar but it was vegetarian and I just roasted a ton of veggies (eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, etc) and then combined it with the pasta. I’ll have to try this one. Looks so yummy!
Totally love this especially how quick it is, perfect for those school nights!
You’re right, Krista. It’s quick and easy. Thanks!
My boys would go nuts for this! They are shrimp and broccoli lovers
My kids enjoy it too. Thank you.
Ohhhh this looks delicious
Totally agree with you about roasted broc! This dish looks excellent!
Thanks so much, Dorothy!
I love making quick and easy shrimp dishes for dinner during the week. This looks so healthy and delicious. I love the idea of the roasted broccoli.
Thank you, Julia.
What a great weeknight dinner. I agree with you that roasted broccoli is the best! and the broccoli and shrimp combo can’t be beat.
I always use shrimp when I want to make a quick pasta dinner, and roasted broccoli is probably one of my most favourite ingredients!
It’s a great combination, Kacey.
This looks so good, Joanie! I love roasted broccoli and paired with shrimp – what an amazing main dish!
Thank you, Melanie!
This looks fantastic, I’m pretty sure all the guests at a dinner party or summer gathering would love this!
I’ll bet they would, Florian. It’s the sort of dish that would be perfect for a party because it’s easy to make and looks pretty as well. Thank you.
Nice! My husband loves practically anything with shrimp and I’m sure he’d love to try this!
Thank you, Kimberly.
Comments are closed.