Last Updated on
Quick, easy and healthy Hummus Pizza – Top a pizza crust with your favorite hummus and delicious sautéed onions and red peppers.
You guys, I am so excited for the College Meal section of this blog!
Now, onto this amazing recipe…
Hummus Pizza. Kind of a strange concept, isn’t it?
Really though – if you like hummus, you’ll absolutely love this pizza.
I’m a huge fan of the store bought pre-made pizza crusts. They usually come two to a pack and I use them all the time. They’re great for easy pizza making sessions and I think they taste pretty darn good. I usually use Boboli or Mama Mary’s brands.
I used one of the pre-made pizza crusts for the base of this pizza. I warmed it in the oven for about 10 minutes, then topped it with my favorite hummus. To add some extra crunch and flavor, I sautéed onions and red peppers in olive oil and added them to the top of the pizza. As the onions slowly cook, they sweeten and taste so delicious. It’s a great combination. Quick, easy and delicious.
This recipe lends itself well to substitutions too. Try adding fresh or sautéed spinach, cooked zucchini or even cherry tomatoes. Different combinations of veggies would work great. It’s a perfectly easy dairy-free, vegetarian meal.
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion , sliced
- 1 red pepper , sliced
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare the crust according to package directions.
- Spread hummus over the warmed pizza crust and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add sliced onions and red peppers to the pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 10 minutes until onions and peppers are tender.
- Spoon onions and peppers over the hummus.
- Slice and serve.
Other recipes you might like…