Last Updated on
Chicken breasts grilled to perfection on a bed of pasta topped with spinach and parmesan cheese, this easy to make and delicious Grilled Chicken With Sautéed Spinach and Garlic is a healthy summer meal.
Even though we grill steaks, burgers and salmon quite often, we always grill chicken at least one day out of every weekend. I love this Grilled Chicken with Sautéed Spinach and Garlic recipe I’m sharing today because it’s not only easy, it so flavorful too.
I begin my preparing a basic marinade for chicken and marinate the chicken breasts for about 20 minutes. Then, EJ places them on the grill to cook for about 8 minutes per side. After they’ve cooked, we bring them inside and cover them with aluminum foil so they can continue cooking on their own and retain much of their moisture.
While the chicken breasts are “resting”, I prepare the spinach. I love spinach and always keep a bag of baby spinach in the refrigerator. It’s so easy to saute in a pan with a little olive oil and garlic. So tasty and so good for you!!
To plate for serving, place the whole wheat pasta on a plate and top it with the cooked chicken breast. Then, top with a hefty portion of spinach, making sure you’ve got nice chunks of garlic mixed with it. If you aren’t a fan of garlic, pass on the chunks. Top the spinach with a few teaspoons of grated parmesan cheese.
Other recipes you might enjoy…
Grilled Chicken with Sauteed Spinach and Garlic
- 1 pound penne pasta (or use your favorite)
- 4 chicken breasts , boneless, skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 oz . bag baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- Cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper or use your favorite marinade. Cook chicken on the grill until no longer pink, about 8 minutes per side.
- Heat a saute pan on medium heat. Add the oil and garlic, saute a few seconds, add the spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until heated through and spinach is wilting.
- Divide the pasta between the plates. Place the chicken breast on top of the pasta. Spoon the spinach over the chicken.
- Top with parmesan cheese.