Grilled Buffalo Shrimp served over grilled Romaine Lettuce and topped with blue cheese crumbles. Ready in minutes and perfect for grilling season.
How To Grill Shrimp
For this easy Grilled Buffalo Shrimp recipe, I used jumbo shrimp. Large shrimp will also work well. The bigger, the better. Mix the shrimp with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. The shrimp only take about 5-7 minutes total to grill, barely enough time to pour that glass of wine.
Buffalo Sauce Recipe
After the shrimp cooks, remove them from the grill and make a tasty buffalo sauce to pour over the top. Buffalo sauce is a tangy, spicy sauce made with melted butter and hot sauce. Such a deliciously easy sauce that's not only terrific on shrimp, but also on grilled chicken and vegetables too.
You could certainly enjoy these grilled buffalo shrimp stuffed in a tortilla or sandwiched between two pieces of crusty french bread, but I thought grilled lettuce would be a lighter choice.
That's right, grilled lettuce.
How To Grill Lettuce
Have you ever tried it? If you have, then you know how delicious grilled lettuce is. If you haven't, well then you certainly need to give it a try.
For best results, you don't want to use just any kind of lettuce. Dense romaine lettuce works best because it stays together on the grill. Just slice the romaine lettuce in half lengthwise, drizzle a little olive oil and a dash of lemon pepper or simply salt and pepper over the tops and place them cut-side down on the grill.
Cook the lettuce until they're slightly wilted and charred, about 5 minutes.
You could chop the lettuce up and put it in a big bowl or keep it simple by topping the grilled romaine with the grilled buffalo shrimp and crumbled blue cheese.
If you're a fan of spicier foods, top the grilled shrimp with spicy habanero pickled peppers...
This Grilled Buffalo Shrimp recipe is a quick and easy meatless meal that's perfect for this time of the year.
Grilled Buffalo Shrimp
For The Grilled Shrimp
- 2 pounds large or jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For The Buffalo Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
For The Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- 3 heads romaine lettuce , halved lengthwise, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- sliced habanero peppers
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss the shrimp in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grill, then place the shrimp on the grill and cook covered turning once until shrimp is cooked, 5-7 minutes total.
- Remove shrimp from the grill and place in a large bowl and cover while you make the buffalo sauce.
To Make The Buffalo Sauce
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the hot sauce.
- Pour over shrimp and toss until coated. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
To Make The Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- Place romaine halves cut-side down on grill, and cook, turning once, until charred and slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Place the grilled romaine lettuce on plate, top with grilled buffalo shrimp, blue cheese crumbles and sliced peppers.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.