Easy to make Chocolate Chip Salted Cashew Cookies…
Who doesn’t love a chocolate chip cookie? Really, I think there are few people in this world who would turn their nose up at such a classic cookie. They’re easy to make, they’re perfect to eat with a glass of cold milk and to put it very simply, these studded beauties just taste so darn good.
So, you might be asking me right about now why I felt the need to tamper with my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and add cashews?
To be quite honest, I’m not quite sure why I decided to add cashews. Cashews are probably one of my favorite snacks and I love their buttery taste so I thought that maybe…just maybe…they might be a good addition.
And were they ever!!! But, you aren’t really surprised, are you?
The salted cashews gave these sweet and satisfying cookies a perfect amount of saltiness. The cashews balanced out the sweetness of the cookie and their buttery flavor only enhanced it’s richness.
In a word…or two…I’d say they were…velvety goodness.
Chocolate Chip Salted Cashew Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter , softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cashews , roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla together until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and stir.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and cashew pieces.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe