These Brownie Drop Cookies are just like fudge brownies in a cookie form. They’re soft, rich and completely decadent!
I can be sort of an impatient person. Being impatient isn’t a great quality for a food blogger to have. There are many times when I’m developing a recipe and wonder if some mix of ingredients will work. Unfortunately, there isn’t usually an instant answer and I have to wait to see how the recipe flows. That’s hard for me. I’d really prefer quick results but that’s almost always how it goes.
I also find impatience creep in when I’m craving something, usually something sweet. I wish I craved healthier foods, but it doesn’t work for me that way. My cravings usually come by way of chocolate not brussels sprouts.
You too, maybe…no?
Well, if you ever find yourself in the middle of a chocolate craving, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s intensely chocolatey. These little Brownie Drop Cookies are a cross between a brownie and a drop cookie – so for lack of a more creative name, I’m calling them Brownie Drop Cookies and they are awesome!
Brownie Drop Cookies are much like brownies, they’re moist, gooey and rich. Instead of pouring the batter into a baking dish, you simply drop the batter by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake them like cookies.
Brownie + Cookies = Brownie Cookies. Easy to make and you don’t have a baking dish to clean.
These Brownie Drop Cookies have a melt-in-your-mouth texture. They’re fudgy and gooey without falling apart and they have a texture like little brownie bites, which is perfection to me.
I made a batch of these cookies for my family last week as I was leaving for a conference. When I go out of town, I love to leave my guys with a jar filled with cookies or other goodies and these Brownie Drop Cookies certainly made them happy. I’ve even got the phone texts to prove it. My kids ooohed and aaahed, called me, “the best mom ever”, and told me they were gonna miss me so much!
I’m not manipulative at all…
They truly loved the cookies and I did too. These Brownie Cookie Drops are on the small side because you’re using a spoon to drop the batter onto the baking sheet. Perfect to satisfy a craving.
Besides the taste, I love that these cookies are simple. Other than the bowl the chocolate is melted in, there’s only one other bowl to clean. For these Brownie Drop Cookies, I use Baker’s Brand German Sweet Chocolate. German Sweet Chocolate is a little sweeter than semi-sweet chocolate, but don’t worry if you can’t find German Chocolate, semi-sweet will work just fine. I also added about 1/4 cup of chopped pecans too.
I’m pretty sure these Brownie Drop Cookies are my family’s new favorite cookie. They even made me promise to make them as soon as I got back home…which I happily did.
Brownie Drop Cookies
- 2 ounce packages Baker's German Sweet Chocolate chopped, 4-
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted.
- When the chocolate is just melted, remove from the heat and stir to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy, then slowly add the sugar. Beat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Blend in the chocolate, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a well-greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies feel firm when lightly touched.
- Let sit on pan for 5 minutes, than transfer to rack to cool.
Post contains an affiliate link
Other recipes you might like…