Chicken Pesto Pizza for one – a tasty, easy to prepare toaster oven recipe using refrigerated biscuits, cooked chicken and pesto.……
I am so excited to tell you about this quick and easy recipe I came up with last week! I made it when I was pressed for time, had no dinner plans and was totally famished. It surprised me how simple yet flavorful this quick little recipe was and I’m not ashamed to admit, I’ve made it 4 times since then!
As I’ve mentioned before, I always keep a can or two of refrigerator biscuits in my refrigerator at all times. It’s amazing how many recipes I use them in. These little pieces of dough make not only delicious biscuits, but they’re so versatile too. Take for instance, these sweet and delicious little servings of Apple Fritter Monkey Bread that have been hugely popular all over Pinterest. Yep, made with refrigerator biscuits!
To keep with our College Meal Monday theme, this recipe is for a personal pan Chicken Pesto Pizza that I made in my toaster oven. It’s quick and easy and you’ve got to try it!
Slightly flatten 8 to 9 (depending on the size of your baking tray) pieces of biscuit dough with either a rolling pin or the side of a drinking glass. They don’t have to be too thin, just a little thinner than they are in the can.
Place the pieces of dough, sides touching on your toaster oven baking tray and top with a couple of spoonfuls of either your favorite brand of pesto, or use this recipe. Next, add shredded mozzarella cheese, pieces of cooked chicken and a handful of sliced cherry tomatoes.
Bake the pizza in the toaster oven for about 10-12 minutes. You couldn’t ask for anything easier, right? And talk about good!
This pizza reminds me a little of cheesy pull-apart bread. Each bite is a flavorful mix of chicken and cheesy goodness alongside a taste of zesty pesto.
Chicken Pesto Pizza For One
- 1 tube of refrigerator biscuits you may not use them all
- 3-4 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil if desired
- Preheat the toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the toaster oven baking tray.
- Slightly flatten 8-9 biscuits with either a rolling pin or the side of a drinking glass. Place them side-by-side on your baking tray.
- Top the biscuits with the pesto, mozzarella cheese, chicken and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from toaster oven and top with pieces of fresh basil.
If you like this recipe, you might also like…