I am so excited to share this recipe for Banana Beignets with you today! They’re sinfully delicious and extremely easy to make.
For the recipe, you’ll need to use bananas that are just past their prime. You know the ones I referring to, those bananas that have been on the counter and are beginning to get spots on the peel. I happen to love those bananas because they’re the ones that make banana bread, banana breakfast cookies and these banana beignets so very sweet!
I made banana beignets for an after school snack for my kids and boy, were they ever excited about them! These banana beignets are like “mini donut holes” but because I spoon the batter into the hot oil, the batter often spreads out in spots creating “arms” and “legs” around the beignets. FUN!!
I mixed sugar and cinnamon together for the topping and they were fabulous!
These Banana Beignets are sinfully delicious and so easy to make! They're like "mini donut holes".
- canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 very ripe bananas , mashed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat about 2 inches of the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a deep fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas in another bowl.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Working in batches, carefully drop rounded teaspoons of the dough into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 15 to 20 seconds per side.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Roll the beignets in the cinnamon sugar while warm to coat.