These Breakfast Cookies taste so sweet but they’re low in sugar. They get their sweetness from bananas, raisins and a little brown sugar. I combined those ingredients with whole wheat flour, oats and peanut butter to create these great “cookies” that are totally delicious and healthy too!
As a kid growing up, I was a bit of a rebel. I always wanted to be able to do things my parents would never let me do. I wanted to be able to go to sleep when I wanted to, I wanted to wear my mother’s high heels when going out to the store with her and I always wanted to have cookies for breakfast! Those things didn’t happen very often, but the other day…I baked the most delicious cookies and ate them for breakfast! In fact, I even fed these breakfast cookies to my kids!!
These Breakfast Cookies are nothing to feel guilty about. They taste so sweet but in reality, they’re low in sugar. They get their sweetness from bananas, raisins and a little brown sugar. I combined those ingredients with whole wheat flour, oats and peanut butter to create these great “cookies” that are totally delicious and completely healthy!
A breakfast cookie not only great to eat for breakfast, it’s a perfect after school or mid day snack! And here’s a little secret…they’re even better the next day!!
The Ultimate Breakfast Cookie
- 8 tablespoons butter , softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used natural, no sugar peanut butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas , mashed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup pecans , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- In another bowl, mix the flours, baking soda and salt together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend together. Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans.
- Place a large scoop of cookie dough onto the baking sheet and space cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool about 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.