Blueberry muffin recipe that delivers big, bakery style blueberry muffins you crave. Loaded with juicy blueberry and topped with a buttery crumb topping. This is the only blueberry muffin recipe you need!
One of the best parts of summer is blueberries. Beautiful, plump, juicy blueberries have taken over my kitchen. Not that I’m complaining, I absolutely love eating blueberries. My favorite way to eat them is in a big bowl of greek yogurt and topped with homemade granola. The blueberries we’ve enjoyed have been so sweet lately. I’ve been keeping a bowl on the counter and my daughter and I snack on them throughout the day.
Every time I have an abundance of blueberries, I have the craving to make bakery style blueberry muffins for breakfast or as a midday snack. They’re just perfect. But please don’t think you can only use fresh blueberries only in this muffin recipe. Frozen blueberries work great too. Just be sure to thaw the blueberries first and drain the juices. Then, proceed with the recipe as written.
I call these blueberry muffins “bakery style” because they’re oversized. They’re the kind of muffins you see in a bakery display case. Big and bold, these blueberry muffins are quick to make and are delightfully buttery. They’re light and perfectly sweet with a delicate, moist crumb. I use plenty of blueberries in this blueberry muffin recipe so you’re sure to get blueberries in every single bite.
The crumb topping on top of the blueberry muffins is a simple mixture of flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and melted butter. I spoon a hefty amount of the topping over the tops of each muffin before I place them in the oven to bake. This topping is one I love and use on almost all of my fruit desserts or coffee cakes. It’s buttery and sugary and spiced just right. The trick to making the perfect crumb topping is to make sure to mix the melted butter and the dry ingredients together well, leaving no dry ingredients in the bottom of the bowl.
Big, bakery style Blueberry Muffins with a buttery crumb topping and loaded with juicy blueberries. The only blueberry muffin recipe you need!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners or spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and canola oil and mix until well blended. Beat in the milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until batter is smooth. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about three-quarters full. Spoon the crumb topping on top of each one and bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.
- TO MAKE THE CRUMB TOPPING
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour with the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the melted butter.
Other recipes you might like…