Bacon and three types of cheese in this creamy macaroni and cheese? Oh, yes please!
There isn't a whole lot more I can say except that you need this recipe for Three Cheese and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese in your life. Period.
This savory Three Cheese and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese is rich, creamy and totally indulgent. Gone are the days when a simple single cheese macaroni and cheese will satisfy me. With all the different cheeses that can easily be found, it is way too easy to substitute other flavorful cheeses for the traditional Cheddar. I chose to add Asiago and Parmesan cheese to a sharp Cheddar and the reviews from my family were unanimous. They loved it! Usually thought of as a side dish, this mac and cheese is now the star of the show.
Complimenting the cheeses in this decadent dish are thick crumbles of crunchy bacon and topped with a scattering of buttery breadcrumbs.
Nothing more to say, just make it!
Three Cheese And Bacon Macaroni And Cheese
- 1 pound macaroni (shells or other small pasta)
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk with the rosemary and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in the milk. Continue to whisk and cook until the mixture is smooth. Stir in 2 cups of the Cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the Asiago cheese and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and continue to cook and stir to melt the cheeses. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked macaroni and the bacon crumbles and fold that all in to coat the macaroni with the cheese mixture.
- Transfer into a buttered baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and melted butter. Scatter bread crumb mixture over the top of the macaroni and cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.