This recipe for Three Bean Vegetarian Chili is all about comfort. Warm and hearty, this chili is sure to soothe your soul.
This recipe for Three Bean Vegetarian Chili is all about comfort. Warm and hearty, this chili is sure to soothe your soul!
Three Bean Vegetarian Chili – Food Bloggers Support For Sandy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 15 ounce can red beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can great northern beans , rinsed and drained
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot set to medium high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add the beans and stir.
- Mix in the spices and the vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.