This rosemary, olive oil and sea salt pizza dough comes together in minutes, just allow a few hours for the dough to rest and rise. It’s also a great dough for making calzones flatbreads. We love to make pizzas at home. It becomes a family affair when I spread out everyone’s favorite toppings buffet- style and each of us get to create whatever type of pizza we happen to be in the mood for. It’s especially fun when my kids have their friends over and I make mini pizzas for each of the kids. I provide them with a ball of dough that they smooth out into a circle or other fun shape and they add any and all the toppings they want. It’s a great idea for parties!!
Homemade pizza is really easy to make. As long as you have a great recipe for pizza dough, the rest is simple! I make my dough in my stand up mixer. It’s so easy to do with the bread hook attachment. For many years before I owned a standing mixer, I mixed my pizza dough by hand and trust me when I tell you it really isn’t that difficult.
For this dough, I’ve combined fresh rosemary, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt to the dough and it’s fantastic.
This rosemary, olive oil and sea salt pizza dough comes together in minutes, just allow a few hours for the dough to rest and rise. It’s also a great dough for making calzones flatbreads. As you can tell from the pictures, you don’t even have to make a perfect circle 🙂 . It’s a versatile, simple and extremely tasty recipe.
Rosemary, Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pizza Dough
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary , finely chopped
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water in (this takes about 5 minutes).
- Stir together the sugar, sea salt and flour in the mixing bowl.
- Add the dissolved yeast/water, the olive oil and the rosemary.
- Stir and attach a dough hook to the mixer and knead the dough on low to medium speed , until the dough is smooth and elastic. This process will take about 10 minutes. If you don't have a mixer, you can mix the dough in a bowl and turn it out onto a floured surface and knead the dough by hand adding a little more flour if necessary.
- Turn off the mixer. Add a little extra olive oil to the top and sides of the dough and put a little oil around the inside of the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to sit for two hours. It will double in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl. Tear apart three pieces of the dough.
- Place the ball of dough on a floured surface and roll out the pizza dough using a rolling pin.
- Top with sauce and your favorite toppings.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheeses melt and the edges are lightly browned.
- This dough recipe will make 3 10-inch pizzas.