Roasted Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche - I'm sure you'll enjoy this quiche as much as we do! It's an easy and delicious quiche for breakfast or dinner!
Making a quiche without the crust is a brilliant idea and I've posted several crustless quiche recipes on this blog such as a Spinach, Tomato and Brie Crustless Quiche and a Spinach and Bacon Crustless Quiche. Quiches without the crusts are a wonderful way to enjoy a delicious quiche without needing a crust to keep it all together.
The recipe I'm sharing today is for a delicious Roasted Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche. I love the contrasting flavors of the sweet roasted tomatoes and the tangy feta cheese. You'll love the feta in the quiche, it melts nicely and is so creamy.
Why This Recipe Works
- A crustless quiche is a wonderful low carb meal and is easily customizable.
- It's wonderful to not have to bother with making a crust. I save so much time by eliminating the pastry step. If you would like to add a crust to this quiche recipe, I recommend using a frozen, or pre-made pie crust and cutting it to fit the dish.
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- Tomatoes: I use cherry tomatoes in this recipe. Feel free to use Roma or grape tomatoes, or your favorite variety of tomatoes instead.
- Onion: Finely chopped onions add quite a lot of flavor to this crustless quiche, definitely don't leave them out.
- Eggs and heavy cream: Eggs and cream are the key ingredients in our crustless quiche recipes.
- Salt and pepper: For flavor.
- Feta cheese: Feta is a Greek white cheese made from sheep's milk or a mixture of sheep and goat's milk. Feta is white in color and has a crumbly texture. It is usually sold in blocks or in packages of crumbled feta.
How To Make This Recipe
- Place the cherry tomatoes and the chopped onions on a baking pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt over the tomatoes and the onions, mix them together and bake for 15-20 minutes.
To Make The Quiche
Butter a 10-inch tart pan or 9-inch deep dish plate.
Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Add the roasted tomatoes, chopped onions and the feta cheese to the bowl and gently stir.
Pour the mixture into a quiche or pie pan. I like to sprinkle a little extra feta cheese on the top of the quiche.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- The key ingredients in a crustless quiche are eggs and heavy cream. You might like to consider creating your own version of a crustless quiche by using seasonal vegetables or ingredients you already have on hand.
- Roasting the tomatoes make the tomatoes so flavorful, they literally "burst" in the oven, releasing their juices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Freeze A Roasted Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche?
Yes, a crustless quiche freezes very well.
To freeze before baking:
Mix the ingredients together and pour the mixture into a zip-top freezer bag. Thaw the quiche filling in the refrigerator for about 24 hours before baking. When you are ready to bake your quiche, line an oven-safe baking dish with fresh tomato slices and pour the quiche filling into the dish. Bake as recommended in the quiche recipe.
To freeze after baking:
Cook the quiche as directed and allow it to cool. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and freeze. When you are ready to reheat the quiche, place the quiche in a 350 degree F oven and heat for 20 minutes.
How Should I Store A Crustless Quiche?
Cover the quiche and keep it in the refrigerator. It should be eaten within 3 days.
Other Crustless Quiche Recipes
Roasted Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes , roasted
- 1 cup onion , chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- To roast the tomatoes and onions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cherry tomatoes and the chopped onions on a baking pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt over the tomatoes and the onions, mix them together and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the quiche:
- Butter a 10-inch tart pan or 9-inch deep dish plate.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the roasted tomatoes, chopped onions and the feta cheese to the bowl and gently stir.
- Pour the mixture into a quiche or pie pan. I like to sprinkle a little extra feta cheese on the top of the quiche.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven. Slice and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.