Roasted Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche – I’m sure you’ll enjoy this quiche as much as we do! It’s an easy and delicious quiche for breakfast or dinner!
Many years ago, when I was on the Adkins Diet to shed a few pounds, I was introduced to the Crustless Quiche. Making a quiche without the crust is a brilliant idea and I’ve posted several crustless quiche recipes on this blog such as a Spinach, Tomato and Brie Crustless Quiche and a Spinach and Bacon Crustless Quiche. Quiches without the crusts are a wonderful way to enjoy a delicious quiche without needing a crust to keep it all together. Now, I’m no longer on the Adkins diet but I still try to limit my carb intake so I make crustless quiches often.
The recipe I’m sharing today is for a delicious Roasted Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche. I love the contrasting flavors of the sweet roasted tomatoes and the tangy feta cheese. Athenos makes a feta cheese with basil and tomato which I love to use but if you can’t find it, the traditional feta works perfectly well. You’ll love the feta in the quiche, it melts nicely and is so creamy.
I start out by roasting a pint of cherry tomatoes and chopped onions. I drizzle them with a bit of olive oil and add a pinch of salt and then place them in the oven. Roasting the tomatoes make the tomatoes so flavorful, they literally “burst” in the oven, realeasing their juices.
I mix eggs and heavy cream, a little salt and pepper, a heavy handful of feta cheese and the roasted tomatoes and onions in a large bowl. Then, I pour the mixture into a quiche or pie pan and let the quiche cook in the oven.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy this quiche as much as we do! It’s an easy and delicious quiche for breakfast or dinner!
Roasted Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes , roasted
- 1 cup onion , chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- To roast the tomatoes and onions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cherry tomatoes and the chopped onions on a baking pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt over the tomatoes and the onions, mix them together and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the quiche:
- Butter a 10-inch tart pan or 9-inch deep dish plate.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the roasted tomatoes, chopped onions and the feta cheese to the bowl and gently stir.
- Pour the mixture into a quiche or pie pan. I like to sprinkle a little extra feta cheese on the top of the quiche.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven. Slice and serve.
Other recipes you might enjoy…