A couple of years ago, I posted this recipe for Crustless Spinach and Bacon Quiche. This quiche is full of creamy cheese and spinach and the bacon adds a very nice salty crunch. This is a quiche that I make quite often and since I’m currently on vacation in Walt Disney World and eating my way around Epcot, this crustless quiche will be on my menu when I return home.
Another reason I like this crustless quiche recipe so much is because I’ve found that you can change up your ingredients to suit your tastes. If you don’t care for spinach, either leave it out or try cooked broccoli. You could even substitute cheddar or another favorite cheese for the Swiss.
If you’re watching your carbs, this is a very tasty quiche recipe that you’re sure to enjoy! I guarantee you’ll love this quiche for breakfast or dinner and you really won’t miss the crust!
Crustless Spinach And Bacon Quiche
- ½ pound bacon , cooked and crumbled (about 6 strips)
- ½ onion , chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups Swiss or Monterey Jack cheese , shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch deep dish pie plate and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Crumble when cool.
- In the same skillet, sauté the chopped onion for about 4 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Add the spinach to the pan by handfuls, stirring until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Add the spinach and onions and the cheese and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes.