Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Butternut Squash with Cinnamon, Turmeric and Ginger. A pretty and flavorful side dish...
I peel and chop the squash into 1-inch pieces and do the same with a couple of sweet potatoes. I toss both the sweet potatoes and the butternut squash into a large bowl and combine them with curry powder, turmeric cinnamon, ginger, salt, pepper and olive oil. Then I pour them out onto a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
Sweet potatoes and butternut squash go great together and the turmeric and curry powder give them a sweet, earthy flavor. The butternut squash and the sweet potatoes bake quickly and by roasting them in the oven, the edges become crisp and slightly charred while the center remains soft.
This roasted sweet potatoes and butternut squash dish is flavorful, easy to make, and so pretty to serve. It makes a great side dish!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Butternut Squash
- 1 small butternut squash , peeled and seeded
- 3 medium sweet potatoes , peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the butternut squash and the sweet potatoes in 1 to 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place the cut vegetables in a single layer on 1 large baking sheet.
- Drizzle them with olive oil, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, ginger and pepper.
- Toss well.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.