Peas and mint go well together! The perfect combination.
I began by heating olive oil in a pan and added thinly sliced shallots and garlic. After the shallots and garlic cooked for a couple of minutes, I added in the peas and fresh mint, covered the pan and let them steam. Using the back of my spoon, I mashed a few of the peas but left most whole. At the end, I added some butter and tossed in the pasta and scattered a hefty sprinkling of fresh parmesan cheese over the top.
I love the simplicity of this dish.
It's fresh and tastes great and is an easy meal for a busy weeknight!
Pasta With Fresh Mint And Sweet Peas
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas (if using frozen thaw first)
- 16 tablespoons butter
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add the slices of shallot and the garlic and stir for a minute.
- Pour in the mint and the peas and stir. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pan.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine. Top with parmesan cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.