What do you do when you have leftover mashed potatoes? What about using them to make these mouthwatering Parmesan Mashed Potato Patties...
I wanted to make something a little more interesting than mashed potatoes, so I made these Parmesan Mashed Potato Patties instead. Now, let me start by saying that this recipe is perfect when you have leftover mashed potatoes, either made from scratch or from a box. In this case, I just decided to make mashed potatoes specifically for this recipe.
First start out with cool mashed potatoes, which yours will already be if they're leftovers. Add shredded parmesan cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, an egg, parsley, garlic powder and a little Panko bread crumbs.
Using your hands, form the mashed potatoes into patties and place them in a little hot oil in a pan. Cook a couple of minutes per side, just until they start to become a golden brown.
In my opinion, this is the best way to eat mashed potatoes...leftover or not. I love the warm, crisp outside and the flavorful, creamy inside and the mild saltiness from the cheese gives these mashed potato patties a wonderful taste.
Parmesan Mashed Potato Patties
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, cooled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Mix all of the ingredients except the oil together. Using your hands, form into 1/2-inch patties and flatten with your palms.
- Heat the oil in a large saute' pan over medium heat.
- Gently place the patties into the pan and lightly flatten with a flat spatula. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook until golden brown for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan. Serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.