This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The flavors are perfect in this muffuletta recipe. Layers of ham, turkey pastrami, hard salami, pepperoni and provolone cheese are piled high on a loaf of french bread. But the key ingredient, in my opinion, is the olive and carrot spread. Green olives and carrots are put in a food processor and finely chopped. Then, mixed in with a little Italian salad dressing, chopped black olives and grated parmesan cheese to pull it all together.
Isabel’s muffuletta recipe is one I use often. I’ve never personally met Isabel, but feel as if I’ve known her forever. These muffulettas are the real deal. They’re perfect for tailgating, to bring to a pot-luck or even to serve for dinner. Slice them into wedges and you’re good to go.
Isabel’s Famous New Orleans Muffulettas Recipe
- ½ pound ham
- ½ pound pastrami
- ½ pound salami
- ½ pound pepperoni
- ½ pound provolone
- 1 (16-ounce jar) green olives
- 2 (2.25-ounce cans) sliced black olives
- 1 (12-ounce bag) matchstick carrots , or baby carrots
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 loaves French bread , or Italian bread
- Place the green olives and carrots in the base of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the green olives and carrots with the black olives and parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing to hold the mix together.
- Slice the bread horizontally and on one half, layer the meats, then the provolone and finish with the olive salad.
- Place the other half of bread on top.
- Brush melted butter on top of the bread.
- Wrap the sandwich in foil and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich from the oven and before unwrapping, gently push down on the sandwich.
- Unwrap, slice and serve.