Forget the pre-made boxed mixes, this Homemade Instant Pancake Mix is so easy to throw together. Make it up ahead of time and store the mix until you’re ready to make pancakes…
This is a recipe that is going to change your life forever!
I’m completely serious. If you are a pancake-maker-only-on-the-weekends type of person, please listen up! I’ve got a recipe here for homemade instant pancake mix. Forget the pre-made boxed mixes, this Homemade Instant Pancake Mix is so easy to throw together. Make it up ahead of time and store the mix until you’re ready to make pancakes…
Pancake mix is beyond simple to make. All you need are the ingredients in the picture below. Measure the ingredients, mix everything together in a large bowl and transfer the pancake mix to a container with a lid. When you want to make pancakes, measure out what you need and mix it with an egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla.
It tastes so much better than the boxed brands, I can guarantee you that! Plus, it’s much less expensive.
We made Easter Candy Pancakes for Easter…
and just yesterday, we made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes for my daughter’s birthday breakfast…
When you’ve got the mix on hand, you can easily whip up a batch of pancakes in no time.
Homemade Instant Pancake Mix
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- FOR THE MIX
- Mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight jar. Use within 3 months.
- FOR THE PANCAKE BATTER
- Scoop 1 cup of the pancake mix and place in a large bowl.
- Add 1 large egg, 1 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix well.
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle. When bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes, flip them over to cook the other side until golden brown.
You might also like: