Cheesy and delicious Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Pesto Sandwich…
Sometimes the simplest ingredients make the best sandwiches. Take this Grilled Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Pesto Sandwich. A few key ingredients are used to create a mouthwatering, fresh and cheesy sandwich.
My garden is still full of basil and I love using it to make basil pesto. Pesto is so easy to make and is perfect on chicken, pasta and even spread on bread for sandwiches. I love the combination of basil pesto with the mozzarella cheese and thick slices of a ripe tomato grilled to perfection. What a meal!
Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Pesto Sandwich
- 4 slices of bread (my personal favorite is sourdough!)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- prepared basil pesto
- 4 slices thick of tomato
- 1/4 slices mozzarella cheese (several slices)
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading each slice of bread with the pesto.
- Arrange a layer of cheese over the pesto and top with the tomato slices.
- Finish with another layer of cheese and cover with the other slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the butter to the pan. When the butter melts, add the sandwich and cover the pan with the lid. Turn the sandwich over after 2-3 minutes to allow the second side to brown.
- The sandwich is ready when both sides are golden brown and the mozzarella cheese has melted.