Cheesy and delicious Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Pesto Sandwich...
Sometimes the simplest ingredients make the best sandwiches. Take this Grilled Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Pesto Sandwich. A few key ingredients are used to create a mouthwatering, fresh and cheesy sandwich.
My garden is still full of basil and I love using it to make basil pesto. Pesto is so easy to make and is perfect on chicken, pasta and even spread on bread for sandwiches. I love the combination of basil pesto with the mozzarella cheese and thick slices of a ripe tomato grilled to perfection. What a meal!
Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Pesto Sandwich
- 4 slices of bread (my personal favorite is sourdough!)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- prepared basil pesto
- 4 slices thick of tomato
- 1/4 slices mozzarella cheese (several slices)
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading each slice of bread with the pesto.
- Arrange a layer of cheese over the pesto and top with the tomato slices.
- Finish with another layer of cheese and cover with the other slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the butter to the pan. When the butter melts, add the sandwich and cover the pan with the lid. Turn the sandwich over after 2-3 minutes to allow the second side to brown.
- The sandwich is ready when both sides are golden brown and the mozzarella cheese has melted.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.