This Greek Shrimp with Zucchini, Orzo and Feta is not only flavorful, it’s so easy to prepare. It’s a tasty and satisfying dinner for a busy weeknight.
These days, I’m all for easy-to-prepare dinner recipes. Lately, our evenings have been filled with dance classes and theater rehearsals so on the rare evenings when we don’t have anything planned, I want to simply enjoy our cool evenings outside with a glass of wine in hand. This recipe for Greek Shrimp with Zucchini, Orzo and Feta is a perfect choice for our busy evenings.
This greek shrimp is not only flavorful, it’s extremely easy to prepare. It’s a tasty and satisfying dinner for a busy weeknight, but it’s such a pretty dish that you could prepare it for guests and it would appear as if you’d been cooking for hours. I originally found a recipe for Greek Shrimp a few years ago in a newspaper from either Austin or New Orleans and tucked it away in a cookbook. It was a simple recipe for grilled shrimp with a red tomato sauce and sprinkled with feta cheese. The recipe didn’t call for zucchini or orzo but I knew the orzo and zucchini would make it a heartier dinner and I knew the flavor combinations would be perfect. So I took inspiration from this recipe and came up with a recipe I call, Greek Shrimp with Zucchini, Orzo and Feta.
I began by grilling the shrimp and the zucchini slices on my new indoor grill, made by The Food Network and purchased at Kohl’s. Love this appliance!! More on that later!
While the shrimp and the zucchini were grilling, I quickly made the orzo. After the main ingredients were cooked, I blended the shrimp, zucchini and the orzo together and finally stirred in a hearty sprinkling of the feta cheese. The lovely feta cheese melted quickly into the warm orzo and made the dish extra creamy.
This dinner came together in minutes so I could return to my glass of wine and continue my evening outside with my family. I know you’ll love this dinner as much as we did. It’s super easy and very tasty!
Greek Shrimp with Zucchini, Orzo and Feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup orzo , uncooked
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place the zucchini slices in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over the zucchini and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with a pinch of salt and pepper and place the shrimp on the grill. Grill the shrimp until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place the zucchini slices on the grill and grill about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove both the shrimp and the zucchini from the grill.
- Place the orzo in a large bowl. Add the butter,the shrimp and the zucchini to the bowl and stir together. Top with the feta and mix in.
Other recipes you might like…