Last Updated on
Gemelli Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic is one of my favorite recipes not only because it comes together quickly but it’s full of simple, fresh and delicious ingredients…
This recipe is one of my favorites! It’s a recipe that’s so easy to prepare and is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner when you don’t have a lot of time and need to get something out on the table quickly. Gemelli Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic is one of my favorite recipes not only because it comes together quickly, it’s one of my favorites because I love the sheer simplicity of this dish. I love taking a great pasta and using it as a base and adding to it the fresh flavors of foods such as tomatoes, basil and lots of garlic plus good extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated parmesan cheese…heaven…
I begin by cooking the pasta in a large pot. In a large skillet, I sauté the garlic and tomatoes in olive oil to get the garlic slightly browned and a little crispy. After the pasta has cooked and is drained, I pour the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes straight from the pan into the pasta and mix it well. Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and stir it in and finish it off with pieces of torn, fresh basil.
Gemelli Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic
- 1/2 pound whole wheat pasta (I used gemelli, but use what you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic , sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese , freshly grated
- 5-6 leaves basil , torn
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the skillet into the pasta and stir well.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese and top with the pieces of fresh basil.