Creamy leftover Turkey Pot Pie - an easy, comforting pot pie using leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
We're not big turkey eaters here. We love turkey the day it's made but after that I need to get creative and find ways to use the leftover turkey in different recipes. This turkey pot pie is a perfect recipe to make with your leftover turkey. It's my standard easy to make chicken pot pie recipe that I substitute turkey for and I love it because this pot pie can be made with any vegetables you have on hand.
I use Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts to keep things simple. Either roll out the crust and place on top of the filled pie pan or cut individual circles out so they fit on little ramekins.
Brush the tops of the pie shells with an egg wash to give the shells a shiny, golden-brown color.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Easy, quick and delicious!
Creamy Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 cups frozen peas , thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn , thawed
- 1/2 cup carrots , chopped and cooked
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups turkey , cooked and chopped
- 1 Pillsbury ready made pie crust
- 1 egg , beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil four 10-ounce ramekins or 1 pie dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, garlic, peas, corn and carrots to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until onions become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, salt, thyme and pepper. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk all at once. Stir in turkey and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Divide turkey mixture evenly into four ramekins or use 1 round pie dish.
- Place the prepared pie crust over the top of the pie. (If making individual pot pies, cut out circles from the pie crust to fit over eack ramekin).
- Cut 4 to 6 vents in the top of the crust.
- Brush each crust with the beaten egg.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.