Creamy Fettuccine with Scallops and Peas, an easy meal that comes together quickly. The tender, sweet scallops go so well with the sweet peas and it all comes together with a delicious cream sauce.
The idea that came was to cook the fettuccine and mix in a creamy sauce with seared scallops and peas.
I began by cooking the fettuccine and heating a large saucepan to cook the scallops. After rinsing the scallops, I patted them dry and seasoned them with a little bit of salt and pepper and placed them in to pan to cook. As the scallops were cooking, I made the sauce. The sauce was a bit like an Alfredo Sauce; rich and creamy.
This is certainly a recipe that I'll repeat. The tender, sweet scallops went nicely with the sweet peas and it all came together with the cream sauce.
Creamy Fettuccine With Scallops And Peas
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 package of frozen peas , thawed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups parmesan cheese , grated
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the scallops under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and olive oil and heat. Place the scallops in the pan in a single layer and let sear for 2-4 minutes, until they are browned on the bottom. Using tongs, carefully turn the scallops over and sear the other side until browned, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Whisk the heavy cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan heated on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue stirring until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in one cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Put the cooked fettuccine in a large bowl. Add the peas and pour in the sauce. Mix well. Gently fold in the scallops and the remaining cup of parmesan cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.