Last Updated on
Creamy Fettuccine with Scallops and Peas, an easy meal that comes together quickly. The tender, sweet scallops go so well with the sweet peas and it all comes together with a delicious cream sauce.
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is a recipe that I kind of stumbled upon. I had planned to make fettuccine with scallops and broccoli…a simple meal with fresh flavors, but realized I had forgotten to pick up broccoli at the store earlier in the week. Having most of my kids home for the summer has left be a bit unorganized and my trips to the grocery have not been as planned out as I’d like them to be. Anyway, I realized I was missing the broccoli at about 5 PM and knew I wasn’t going to go back to the store to pick some up. I opened the freezer and looked inside and found a package of frozen sweet peas. I decided to throw caution to the wind and let my creative cooking juices flow.
The idea that came was to cook the fettuccine and mix in a creamy sauce with seared scallops and peas. I began by cooking the fettuccine and heating a large saucepan to cook the scallops. After rinsing the scallops, I patted them dry and seasoned them with a little bit of salt and pepper and placed them in to pan to cook. As the scallops were cooking, I made the sauce. The sauce was a bit like an Alfredo Sauce; rich and creamy.
This is certainly a recipe I’ll repeat. The tender, sweet scallops went nicely with the sweet peas and it all came together with the cream sauce.
Sometimes, it’s a good thing to forget that one particular ingredient that you think a dish needs. It forces you to think “outside the box” and be creative 🙂
Creamy Fettuccine With Scallops And Peas
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 package of frozen peas , thawed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups parmesan cheese , grated
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the scallops under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and olive oil and heat. Place the scallops in the pan in a single layer and let sear for 2-4 minutes, until they are browned on the bottom. Using tongs, carefully turn the scallops over and sear the other side until browned, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Whisk the heavy cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan heated on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue stirring until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in one cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Put the cooked fettuccine in a large bowl. Add the peas and pour in the sauce. Mix well. Gently fold in the scallops and the remaining cup of parmesan cheese.
Other recipes you might like…