Creamy Fettuccine with Scallops and Peas, an easy meal that comes together quickly. The tender, sweet scallops go so well with the sweet peas and it all comes together with a delicious cream sauce.
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is a recipe that I kind of stumbled upon. I had planned to make fettuccine with scallops and broccoli…a simple meal with fresh flavors, but realized I had forgotten to pick up broccoli at the store earlier in the week. Having most of my kids home for the summer has left be a bit unorganized and my trips to the grocery have not been as planned out as I’d like them to be. Anyway, I realized I was missing the broccoli at about 5 PM and knew I wasn’t going to go back to the store to pick some up. I opened the freezer and looked inside and found a package of frozen sweet peas. I decided to throw caution to the wind and let my creative cooking juices flow.
The idea that came was to cook the fettuccine and mix in a creamy sauce with seared scallops and peas. I began by cooking the fettuccine and heating a large saucepan to cook the scallops. After rinsing the scallops, I patted them dry and seasoned them with a little bit of salt and pepper and placed them in to pan to cook. As the scallops were cooking, I made the sauce. The sauce was a bit like an Alfredo Sauce; rich and creamy.
This is certainly a recipe I’ll repeat. The tender, sweet scallops went nicely with the sweet peas and it all came together with the cream sauce.
Sometimes, it’s a good thing to forget that one particular ingredient that you think a dish needs. It forces you to think “outside the box” and be creative 🙂
Creamy Fettuccine With Scallops And Peas
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 package of frozen peas , thawed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups parmesan cheese , grated
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the scallops under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and olive oil and heat. Place the scallops in the pan in a single layer and let sear for 2-4 minutes, until they are browned on the bottom. Using tongs, carefully turn the scallops over and sear the other side until browned, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Whisk the heavy cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan heated on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue stirring until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in one cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Put the cooked fettuccine in a large bowl. Add the peas and pour in the sauce. Mix well. Gently fold in the scallops and the remaining cup of parmesan cheese.
Other recipes you might like…