Last Updated on
My husband has been traveling out of town on business quite a lot these last few weeks and when he goes out of town, I find I don’t cook all that much. I tend to go for simpler meals and ones that can be thrown together quickly. Our weekly schedule has been quite crazy lately. On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, we have ballet and jazz. Thursdays are math tutoring and violin lessons (which after this week, I’m so relieved will be over) and Friday evenings have been taken up by Colleen’s Alice in Wonderland Ballet rehearsals. The last thing I want to do when I get home at night is clean up a messy kitchen and wash a lot of dishes.
That’s why I made this delicious Chicken Caesar Pizza the other night. By combining two of my family’s favorite foods I created a delicious and healthy dinner we all enjoyed.
This pizza was totally easy to make and required only a few simple ingredients. I used a pre-made whole wheat pizza crust and topped it with a hearty sprinkling of shredded mozzarella cheese which I melted in the oven for a few minutes. While the cheese was melting, I made a quick caesar salad and mixed in a few slices of grilled chicken. After I took the warm pizza out of the oven, I topped it with the chicken caesar salad and cut the pizza into wedges. Easy and delicious…my kind of crazy weeknight meal!
Chicken Caesar Pizza
- 12 inch prepared Italian pizza crust
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 in tomato, cut wedges (or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half)
- 4 ounces Caesar dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Top pizza crust with 2 cups mozzarella cheese and bake for 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Combine chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and remaining cheese with dressing in a large bowl and toss. Set aside.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top the hot pizza with the salad and cut into wedges.