A wonderful recipe for butter-rich Cherry and Macadamia Nut Scones filled with big chunks of fresh cherries and chopped macadamia nuts and topped with a sweet sugary glaze.
I first made these Cherry and Macadamia Nut Scones a little over a month ago. The beauty of making a recipe and holding off on posting it is that I can make the item over and over again to make sure I’ve got the recipe just right. These are perfect, I guarantee it!
These scones are moist and slightly sweet and the cherries go so well with the buttery taste of the macadamia nuts. I topped each scone with a simple powdered sugar glaze which added an extra touch of sweetness.
If you don’t have a cherry pitter, I suggest you go out and get one as soon as you can. They are life changing! Not kidding. I put off getting one for years and I right now, I have no idea why. I tend to hold off on purchasing things until I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I will use it. My husband actually picked up my cherry pitter for me and I’m eternally grateful. They’re not expensive and if you like fresh cherries as much as I do, you’ll need one of these little gadgets.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
Disclosure – this posts contains an Amazon affiliate link, which means that if you click the product link and purchase the item, ZagLeft will receive a few cents which helps in the running of this website. As always, all opinions and product recommendations are my own. Thank you for supporting ZagLeft.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into small pieces, 1 stick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted and cut in half
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Pour into mixing bowl and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped macadamia nuts.
- Gently fold in the cherries. Be careful not to use too much force when mixing in the cherries or you'll end up with purple dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead very lightly and form into an 8-inch circle. (Add a little more flour to the dough if the dough becomes too sticky to handle)
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a minute or so, then transfer onto a wire rack.
- TO PREPARE THE GLAZE
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and cream until smooth. The glaze should have enough liquid in it to drizzle onto the scones so add a little more cream if necessary.
Other recipes you might like…