I combined orzo and spinach with toasted pine nuts, crumbled feta, chopped red onion, and a dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I added a handful of chopped sun dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives to the salad to give it a little more depth and flavor.
This salad comes together in minutes and is a dish I know I'll be making over and over again.
Spinach and Orzo Salad
- 16 ounce package uncooked orzo pasta
- 10 ounce package baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Toss the spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and pepper in a large bowl. Add the orzo and stir well. Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over the spinach and orzo salad and toss.
- Top with sun dried tomatoes and kalamata olives.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.