Shrimp and Crabmeat Salad with Creole Dressing – one of my favorite meals to make in the summer. It’s hearty, delicious and full of flavor!
When summer rolls around, I like to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. Since I create the recipes for ZagLeft during the day, I want the evening meal I serve my family to be simple and easy. This Shrimp and Crabmeat Salad is exactly that. The shrimp is the only ingredient I cook and since shrimp cooks so quickly, this salad is done in minutes.
The Creole Dressing that I drizzle over the top is a simple blend of creole-style mustard (I use Zatarain’s) , red wine vinegar, and olive oil. It’s a dressing that tastes so good, I know you’ll be tempted to make extra and store it in the fridge for future use. If you can’t find Creole Mustard, stone-ground will work just fine.
Easy and delicious, this Shrimp and Crabmeat Salad comes together quickly. It’s hearty enough to enjoy for dinner and you’ll love not having to heat up your kitchen too much.
I think you’ll enjoy this Shrimp and Crabmeat Salad as much as my family does.
Shrimp and Crabmeat Salad with tangy Creole Dressing made with shrimp and crabmeat then topped with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs and a light and delicious dressing.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 head of lettuce (or a mixture of different types of lettuce)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes , cut into wedges
- 3 hard boiled eggs , chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Creole Mustard (or use stone ground mustard)
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the garlic, chili flakes and salt and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring frequently until pink, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the crabmeat to the pan so it absorbs the flavors in the pan. Stir for a minute.
- Remove the shrimp and crabmeat from the pan and set aside.
- Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, shrimp and crabmeat in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix.
- To serve, divide the salad between plates and top with chopped hard-boiled eggs.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive a FREE copy of our eCookbook, College Meals – 30 Days of Recipes! It’s a great gift to give to any college student in your life or even to give to yourself!
Other recipes you might like…