School is right around the corner and I’m not sure I’m ready for it…
I love summer break and I’m not usually ready to send my kids back when it’s time to do so. I also love and think it’s necessary to take a break from routines and boy do our routines change in the summertime. Do yours change too? We go to sleep later than we normally do, we wake up later, our eating habits are different. Lots of changes, but my kids go back to school in a week and a half and I know I’ve got to start getting us back on a regular schedule. Getting to sleep earlier is the hardest routine to step back into for some reason. One thing that’s not so hard to do that helps tremendously is getting into the routine of planning easy and healthy breakfasts.
Once school starts, our mornings become crazy. My son leaves for school at 6:30 in the morning…That is crazy, right?
That’s why I love muffins in the morning. They’re easy to grab and go, you can make them with healthy ingredients and they keep the kiddos full until lunchtime. The Banana Coconut Muffins I made a few weeks ago will definitely be on our rotating breakfast menu.
This recipe is a variation of the banana bread I’m so fond of making and what could make that banana bread recipe any better you ask? My answer...the addition of sweet little flakes of coconut.
Banana and coconut are so good together! These little muffins are perfect to eat with a glass of juice or milk on a busy morning. They also make hearty and healthy after school snacks or even packed away in the lunchbox for dessert.
Muffins that are warm, moist and perfectly sweet. What could be better? Oh yes, maybe a longer summer…
Other recipes you might like…
Banana and coconut are so good together! These Banana Coconut muffins are perfect to eat with a glass of juice or milk on a busy morning. They also make hearty and healthy after school snacks or even packed away in the lunchbox for dessert.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin cups with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Mash two of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture; set aside.
- In another large bowl, blend together the remaining banana, sugar, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the mashed bananas and the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups and bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.