This delicious Pineapple Lime Jello Salad is a family favorite recipe made with cottage cheese, crushed pineapple, pecans and Greek yogurt!
I really hesitate to call this pretty Pineapple Lime Jello Salad a salad because it’s so much more than that. We often serve it as a side dish alongside the main course but we’ve also eaten it as a dessert too.
This wonderful recipe comes to me from my mother-in-law who has been making this sweet and tasty treat for years. She told me she first enjoyed “Pineapple Lime Jello Salad” or as she calls it, “Moon Glow” in the early 70’s when progressive dinners were popular.
Do you remember those? Progressive dinners were parties where each course is prepared and eaten at the residences of different hosts.
Progressive dinners are such a great idea. I wish we had them in my neighborhood. It’s such a great way to connect with your neighbors.
Pineapple Lime Jello Salad
Since that dinner party way back in the 70’s my mother-in-law has been making her “Moon Glow” ever since. It’s become a her traditional holiday dish and we beg her to make it every Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
Since Pineapple Lime Jello Salad is so easy to make, I often make it for my family at various other times throughout the year.
Ingredients In Lime Jello Salad
Pineapple Lime Jello Salad has an interesting line-up of ingredients with lots of great flavors. Crushed pineapple, pineapple juice and lime jello are the stars of this dish combined with cottage cheese, greek yogurt and pecans.
My mother-in-law adds mayonnaise her her recipe, but I like to use Greek Yogurt instead (please don’t tell).
Pineapple Lime Jello Salad is also healthy enough for me to eat for breakfast which I’ve done on many occasions!
Besides its great taste, this pretty dessert (or salad) is easy to make and by using sugar free jello, it’s low in calories too.
Have you ever heard of Moon Glow Salad before today?
Pineapple Lime Jello Salad Recipe
Pineapple Lime Jello Salad
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple (drain the juice and save)
- 24 oz carton of small curd cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 2 small packages sugar-free lime jello
- ½ cup pecan chips
- Drain the juice from the can of crushed pineapple and reserve the liquid in a measuring cup.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, drained pineapple and greek yogurt. Cover and refrigerate to use later.
- Using another bowl, mix the 2 packets of jello with 2 cups of liquid. (First, measure the juice from the can and add hot water until you have 2 cups liquid). Stir until diluted.
- Cover and refrigerate the jello mixture until it begins to gel, about 1 hour.
- Remove the jello mixture from the refrigerator and whip it until it becomes frothy, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the pineapple mixture and the jello mixture together.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Refrigerate until it begins to firm, 4 hours.
Other recipes you might like…