Last Updated on
These lightly sweet mini pear pies are a lovely size when you simply want a bite or two of something sweet.
We picked up some beautiful Bartlett pears at the store a few days earlier and decided to make these adorable Mini Pear Pies. Talk about an easy dessert to make! I used Pillsbury Ready Made Pie Crusts which saved me so much time!
We began by unrolling a sheet of the pie crust and then used the rim of a drinking glass to cut out little circles.
We lined muffin tins with the circles of dough.
Then, we mixed the pears with a little flour, sugar and a touch of nutmeg and spooned the mixture into the tins.
For the topping, Colleen thought it would be pretty to cut the dough into strips and weave them over the top of each mini pear pie. I have to say…they were a lot prettier than the pies would have been if I had just put a circle of dough on top.
We sprinkled a little sugar and nutmeg over the tops and baked them in the oven for 25 minutes.
I love the idea of a “mini pie” and I love the fact that they’re easy to make. These lightly sweet, petit desserts are perfect when you want a bite or two of something sweet and we enjoyed them as a late night treat after returning from the game.
Mini Pear Pies
- 2 sheets of Pillsbury Ready Made Pie Crusts
- 4 Bartlett pears , peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- *Extra sugar and nutmeg for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins and set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts, one at a time. Using the rim of a drinking glass, cut out circles from the dough.
- Place the dough circles into each muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped pears, sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg together.
- Spoon a little of the pear mixture onto each piece of dough in each muffin tin.
- Using the other sheet of dough, cut out small strips about 1/4 inch wide and lay them in a weave pattern over each "pie".
- Sprinkle a pinch of sugar and nutmeg over the tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the outside of the pies to loosen them from the sides.
- Remove each pie and serve.