With the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness, this luscious Lemon Mango Icebox Pie is sure to please.
There's something wonderfully simple about making an icebox pie. They require only a few ingredients and bake ever so slightly. The pie firms up in the refrigerator or the freezer and after a couple of hours is ready to serve. I used a store bought crust because I wanted to keep it simple. If you want to make your own, I can highly recommend the one I use in my Black Cherry Jello Pie.
This Lemon Mango Icebox pie is the perfect warm weather dessert. The custard is rich and creamy and very similar to that of a Key Lime Pie. I topped ours with whipped cream.
Lemon Mango Icebox Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust , store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup mango (about 1 medium mango), peeled and chopped
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the peeled and chopped mango along with 1/4 cup of the lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the pureed mango into a large bowl. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, the remainder of the lemon juice, the egg yolks and the lemon zest. Mix well and pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set around edges. The center of the pie should jiggle slightly.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerateor freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.