Black Cherry Jello Pie – a sweet, creamy dessert made with Jello and homemade whipped cream poured into a sweet graham cracker crust. It’s a dessert your whole family will love!
This dessert screams summer. It’s light, colorful, easy to make and absolutely delicious. It’s almost completely a no-bake dessert. The only thing I’m baking is the graham cracker crust. However, you could just as easily skip baking altogether by using a pre-made graham cracker crust. That’s one of the reasons why I love this simple recipe for Black Cherry Jello Pie, it’s not only a fantastic “almost completely” no-bake recipe but it’s a dessert that’s sweet, creamy and low in calories too!
That’s right, you’d never guess this luscious pie is very low in calories, but it is! I use Jell-o brand sugar-free black cherry jello which eliminates most of the calories.
Everyone needs a go-to dessert recipe that’s a cinch to prepare – and this one certainly is. The sweet filling is simply a package of black cherry jello that I dilute with boiling water then cool down with ice water and mix in whipped cream that I prepare on my own. You could certainly use prepared whipped cream such as Cool Whip if you’d like, but making whipped cream is so easy. Plus, when you make your own whipped cream, you control the amount of sugar it has.
My whipped cream is made with one cup of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar whisked together in an electric mixer. If you like your whipped cream sweeter, just add a touch more sugar. Easy!
The whipped cream and the diluted black cherry jello are mixed together and poured into the graham cracker crust, then refrigerated.
Cool, creamy and completely satisfying.
There are times in life when you need a truly wonderful dessert recipe that is easy to make and tastes fantastic. This Black Cherry Jello Pie recipe certainly is one of those recipes.
Black Cherry Jello Pie
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 14 long graham crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 7 tablespoons butter , melted
BLACK CHERRY JELLO FILLING
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 3-ounce pkg. Black Cherry Flavor Jello
- 1/2 cup water
- Ice cubes
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- TO MAKE THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Break up the graham crackers and place them in your food processor (an optional method is to place the graham crackers in a large ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin to crush).
- Pulse until you have fine graham cracker crumbs.
- Add in the sugar and cinnamon and pulse a few times more.
- Transfer the graham crackers to a bowl. Add in the melted butter and stir until crumbs are evenly coated and the crumbs appear moist.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Pour the crumbs into a 9-inch pie pan and spread evenly. Press the crumbs firmly to form a pie crust.
- Place the crust in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- TO MAKE THE BLACK CHERRY JELLO FILLING
- In a large bowl add the package of black cherry jello.
- Whisk in 2/3 cup boiling water and mix until completely dissolved.
- Fill a measuring cup with 1/2 cup water and add enough ice cubes to measure 1 cup.
- Add to bowl and whisk until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
- Place the sugar into a separate mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Whisk in the whipped cream until blended.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes then spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate pie 4 hours or until firm.
- Top with additional whipped cream and serve.
- TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- Place 2 tablespoons sugar and 8 ounces of whipping cream into bowl and whisk until cream reaches stiff peaks.
Other recipes you might enjoy…