Easy Drop Biscuits, these biscuits are best served right from the oven with a bit of butter and sweet honey or preserves...
These biscuits are called drop biscuits because you simply "drop" them on to your baking sheet and bake them in the oven. No need to roll and cut them out.
I make the biscuit dough in my food processor because it makes mixing in the cold butter with the flour so easy. You could also make these by hand without a food processor by using two knives to "cut" the butter into the flour. Little bits of butter are key to making light, flaky, moist biscuits.
These biscuits are best served right from the oven with a bit of butter and sweet honey or preserves.
Easy Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor. Mix the ingredients together. Cut the stick of butter into small pieces put the pieces of butter in the food processor and pulse several times until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, add the cream and stir.
- Grease a baking sheet. Spoon out the biscuit dough and "drop" the dough onto the baking sheet. Space the biscuits about an inch apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.