Easy to make Almond and White Chocolate Biscotti, perfect to have on hand for the holidays, or to send as a gift!
Are you right in the middle of your holiday baking? If you are, then I urge you to pause for a moment and consider adding a few of these lovely Almond and White Chocolate Biscotti to your dessert platter this year. Every treat tray needs the perfect dunking cookie and I can think of nothing better than these.
Biscotti are so easy to make and because they are, I keep a jar filled with them during the holidays. Almond and White Chocolate Biscotti are perfect to dip into coffee, tea or even hot chocolate and my daughter really loves dunking them in her glass of cold milk. Box these crispy cookies up with pretty ribbons and they make the perfect Christmas treat to give friends and neighbors.
Biscotti are baked twice in the oven which makes them perfectly crunchy and perfect for dipping in a mug of something hot. They’re not as sweet as your average Christmas cookie but that doesn’t make them any less appealing.
The cookie dough is first shaped into a loaf and baked in the oven. While the outside gets crispy, the inside remains soft. The biscotti loaf is taken out of the oven and sliced on the diagonal and placed back in the oven for a final bake.
Almonds and white chocolate are a great combination too. The flavors compliment each other and are enhanced by the touch of almond extract mixed into the dough. These pretty little cookies keep well in an airtight jar for days and if you’re considering sending them to loved ones living far away, they ship very well.
I dipped these biscotti in melted chocolate, which is completely unnecessary but makes for a pretty final touch.
Almond & White Chocolate Biscotti
- 3/4 cup almonds , sliced, toasted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , room temperature (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups good melting chocolate , roughly chopped (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scatter sliced almonds in one even layer across a baking sheet and place in the oven. Pull the almonds out of the oven after five minutes and toss them with a spoon so they cook evenly. Place the baking sheet back in the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl to blend.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the almond extract
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Place the toasted, sliced almonds on a cutting board and roughly chop them.
- Stir almonds and white chocolate chips into dough.
- Form the dough into a 13-inch long, 3-inch wide log on a prepared baking sheet.
- Baked until lightly golden, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place the biscotti log on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Arrange the biscotti cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti until they are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- TO MELT CHOCOLATE (OPTIONAL)
- Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until chocolate melts. Dip half of the biscotti into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti on a rack to set. Top with colored sugar or sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 15 minutes.
- The biscotti can be made ahead. Store in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Other recipes you might like…