With warmer months quickly approaching, I'm sharing with you my new fitness routine as well as two springtime recipes for a Sparkling Strawberry Granita and Frozen Fruit Ice Cubes using refreshing and delicious lemon-lime soda which has only ten calories per serving.....
To make a Sparkling Strawberry Granita, here's all you do...
In a blender, combine a pound of strawberries, two cups of lemon-lime soda, lemon zest and lemon juice. Blend until pureed.
Pour into a 9 x 13 dish.
Place the dish in the freezer and freeze for an hour.
Remove the dish from the freezer and use a fork to scrape the granita from the edges to the center.
Return the dish to the freezer and freeze for at least an hour longer. Remove the dish from the freezer and scrape the icy puree with the fork again.
Spoon the mixture into bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Creamy and intensely satisfying!
Another way I love to use lemon-lime soda is in these sweet and festive low calorie fruit filled ice cubes. Such a pretty way to add a little color to your drink plus, it's a great way to sneak a little fruit into your kid's diets!
All you do is...
Combine 6 ounces of raspberries, 6 ounces of blueberries and 1/4 cup of lemon-lime soda in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.
Fill a pitcher with lemon-lime soda and add in the ice cubes. It's fun to watch the lemon-lime soda turn to the pretty shade of pink.
Sparkling Strawberry Granita
- 1 pound strawberries , rinsed and hulled
- 2 cups TEN 7UP
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
FRUIT FILLED ICE CUBES
- 6 ounces raspberries , rinsed
- 6 ounces blueberries , rinsed
- 1/4 cup TEN 7UP
- TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY GRANITA
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 dish and place in the freezer to chill. After about 1 hour, remove the pan from the freezer and use a fork to scrape the frozen puree from the edges to the center.
- Return dish to the freezer and freeze again. After another hour, remove the dish from the freezer and scrape the icy puree with a fork again.
- Spoon into bowls and top with whipped cream, if desired.
- TO MAKE THE FRUIT FILLED ICE CUBES
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
- Take a few ice cubes out of the tray and place in a large pitcher or in a single serving glass and pour TEN 7UP over them.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.