Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe, the only cookie bar recipe you need! These bars are soft, chewy and topped with a rich buttercream frosting. This recipe yields a small batch of cookie bars.
One of my favorite types of cookies to make are sugar cookies. I especially love the lofthouse style sugar cookies that seem to melt in your mouth. These soft cookies rank as one of my all time favorites, but these cookie bars are even better.
Let's face it, bar cookies are a lazy way to satisfy a cookie craving. They're just so easy to make.
Mix the ingredients together and press the cookie dough into a baking dish and bake. Hardly any effort involved.
Sugar Cookie Bars
To make sugar cookie bars:
Mix together butter, sugar, an egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients.
Press the sugar cookie batter into a small baking dish and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
After the bars have cooled, slice them and top them with a layer of rich buttercream frosting.
This dessert recipe comes together quickly so you can enjoy sugar cookie bars anytime a sweet craving hits.
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
Small Batch Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper or lightly spray with oil spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until well blended.
- Spread dough into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan.
TO MAKE THE FROSTING
- In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, butter and milk until smooth.
- Cut the bars into squares and spread frosting over the tops.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.