This Sausage and Cheese Beer Bread is the easiest bread recipe ever! Moist, slightly sweet, full of cheddar cheese and loaded with flavor!
This bread recipe can be thrown together in 5 minutes. You don't use any yeast. No bread machine. And best of all, the ingredients are probably all in your kitchen right now.
This Sausage and Cheese Beer Bread is a winner! There's just something wonderful about freshly baked bread, hot from the oven on a busy weeknight. In the time it takes me to prepare my main dish, the bread is done.
This bread is delightfully moist, slightly sweet, full of cheddar cheese and loaded with flavor! If I don't keep an eye on it, half it will be gone before it makes it to the table.
If you have it, use a dark beer like a stout. The flavor of the dark beer gives the bread a richer taste. If you don't have a dark beer, any type of beer can be substituted with great results! The beauty of this recipe is that you can easily adapt it based on what you have.
Sausage and Cheese Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces beer I like to use a darker beer
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cooked sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and garlic powder.
- Stir in the beer, cheese and all but 1/4 cup of the cooked sausage.
- Spoon batter into greased 5 x 9 loaf pan and sprinkle the top of the uncooked bread with the remaining cooked sausage.
- Pour melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.