This Sausage and Cheese Beer Bread is the easiest bread recipe ever! Moist, slightly sweet, full of cheddar cheese and loaded with flavor!
Every home cook should have a secret stash of tried and true recipes that they can call upon in any situation.
There have been times when my kids have brought home friends from school to work on projects together. When they do, I usually like to serve them something special like a batch of these super easy cookies. Or when family members come for a visit and I just can’t make it to the grocery to pick up a special breakfast treat, I can throw together this easy, little breakfast casserole. And this one happens quite often, I make dinner and feel like I need to serve a little something more. Maybe a loaf of hot, buttery bread…
Takes too long? Nope.
This bread recipe can be thrown together in 5 minutes. You don’t use any yeast. No bread machine. And best of all, the ingredients are probably all in your kitchen right now.
This Sausage and Cheese Beer Bread is a winner. It’s my favorite recipe in my secret recipe stash. There’s just something wonderful about freshly baked bread, hot from the oven on a busy weeknight. In the time it takes me to prepare my main dish, the bread is done.
This bread is delightfully moist, slightly sweet, full of cheddar cheese and loaded with flavor! If I don’t keep an eye on it, half it will be gone before it makes it to the table.
If you have it, use a dark beer like a stout. The flavor of the dark beer gives the bread a richer taste. If you don’t have a dark beer, any type of beer can be substituted with great results! The beauty of this recipe is that you can easily adapt it based on what you have.
Sausage and Cheese Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces beer I like to use a darker beer
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cooked sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and garlic powder.
- Stir in the beer, cheese and all but 1/4 cup of the cooked sausage.
- Spoon batter into greased 5 x 9 loaf pan and sprinkle the top of the uncooked bread with the remaining cooked sausage.
- Pour melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.