This Roasted Sweet Corn and Tomato Soup is rich and creamy with the perfect balance of flavors.
This Roasted Sweet Corn and Tomato Soup is so rich and savory! It's got a perfect touch of sweetness and smokiness from the smoked paprika, which is an absolute "must" in this recipe! I love the taste of sweet corn and tomatoes roasted in the oven, along with lots of fresh garlic and olive oil.
I added a red pepper to roast along with the corn and tomatoes and it was a very good call. I added a cup of heavy cream to the soup because I love creamy tomato soups, and used vegetable broth to keep with the vegetarian theme.
Serve with sliced avocados and shredded asiago cheese...divine...
Roasted Sweet Corn and Tomato Soup
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 10 ounce bag frozen corn , thawed (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium red pepper , cored, seeded and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the corn, tomatoes, sliced red pepper and 2 cloves of the garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss with your hands and arrange in an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, heat a large stock pot to medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the onion. Saute about 5 minutes, then add the remaining clove of garlic and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add the smoked paprika and chili powder and stir well.
- When the vegetables are finished roasting, add them to the pot by pouring the entire contents of the baking sheet into the stockpot.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer soup to stand blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and stir.
- Heat for 10 additional minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with sliced avocado and shredded cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.