Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Ganache – creamy peanut butter and rich, dark chocolate…my absolute favorite flavor combination.
There’s something about the salty taste of peanut butter and the sweet taste of chocolate that’s just irresistible to me. These two flavors pair so well together. You might remember the time I made peanut butter cookie bars? Those didn’t last very long around here. Although I’d like to blame the fact that they were eaten so quickly by my kids, I was in fact, the guilty party. The other day, I decided to make a peanut butter pie and the thought that instantly came to mind was to add a layer of rich dark chocolate to the top.
This Peanut Butter Pie With Chocolate Ganache tastes like a giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Although I’m not a huge candy eater, I can rarely pass up a Peanut Butter Cup. And do you ever put chocolate chips on top of spoonfuls of peanut butter like I do? You don’t? Please don’t judge…
This pie certainly satisfies my peanut butter craving. It’s rich, creamy, totally delicious and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make.
Start off by blending together peanut butter, sugar and cream cheese. Add in a little melted butter, then fold in whipped cream. Pour all of this deliciousness into a baked pie shell and refrigerate for an hour. Then, make a chocolate ganache by heating heavy cream and melting dark chocolate together and drizzle it over the top. Refrigerate again for an hour or two and enjoy!
What I love most about this pie is of course, the peanut butter taste but I also love that it tastes so light. The rich chocolate ganache sets when it’s cooled in the refrigerator and provides a thin layer of chocolate goodness. It’s a perfect pie to bring to a pot-luck or to just keep in the fridge to enjoy on hot summer days.
Peanut Butter Pie With Chocolate Ganache
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 inch baked 8- pie shell
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Blend the peanut butter, sugar and cream cheese together in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir well.
- Fold in the whipped cream
- Pour into the baked pie shell and refrigerate for one hour.
- While the pie is is the refrigerator, make the ganache. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and gently fold in the chocolate chips. Continue to gently "fold" until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Set aside to cool.
- Remove pie from the refrigerator and add the ganache to the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate for at least another hour.
Other recipes you might like…