No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars are simple to make. They’re crunchy on the bottom, creamy on top with the great taste of peanut butter and chocolate in every bite, they’re a little bite of heavenly perfection.There are certain food combinations that pair well together and in my book, chocolate and peanut butter rank high on the list. Last week I had the urge to make something sweet. I got that feeling that I often get around 2:00 in the afternoon, when I get ready to heat up a pot of tea and wish I had a little something sweet to go with it. Do you ever get that feeling too?
I wanted to make a bar cookie of some type. I love bar cookies but don’t make them very often. I’m not sure why that is. Bar cookies are probably the easiest type of dessert to make and they look so pretty when they’re cut into nice little squares and served up on a platter. Bar cookies are a step up from typical drop cookies in my kid’s book, they believe I worked really hard to make them. I love to fool them…
My craving for chocolate and peanut butter inspired me to make these delectable Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. Crunchy on the bottom, creamy on top with the great taste of peanut butter and chocolate in every bite, they’re a little bite of heavenly perfection, I tell ya!
These bar cookies are so easy to make and they can be made in minutes. They’re perfect when you want a little something sweet and indulgent and you want it right away. I’m kinda the impatient type…
The bottom part of the cookie bar is made from lightly sweet graham cracker crumbs combined with confectioners sugar, melted butter and peanut butter and pressed firmly into a baking dish. Next, I poured melted chocolate mixed with more peanut butter over the top and let it set in the refrigerator. I had a quarter of a bag of white chocolate chips so I softened them and swirled them in with the chocolate.
That’s it, I told you it was easy…
They don’t take long to set at all, in fact I tasted a bit (just to make sure, you know…) before I put them in the fridge and they were so good. Even though you can enjoy a spoonful right out of the pan, I highly recommend letting them set for about 30 minutes. That way, you can cut them out and serve them and they look as if you worked hard to make them. Be sure to store the bars in the refrigerator, as the bars will soften if left at room temperature.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter , room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 10 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter , smooth or chunky
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- To make the base, mix the butter with the peanut butter in a large bowl. Add the graham cracker crumbs and confectioners sugar and combine well. Pat into a 9 by 13 inch buttered pan. Set aside.
- To make the top layer, place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 second increments, stirring after each increment. When melted, stir in the peanut butter and butter. Pour on top of the graham cracker crust and refrigerate until set.