Last Updated on
These delicious Holiday Marshmallow Popcorn Balls are so pretty, they remind me of something you might find at a candy store. They’re sweet, crunchy, salty and chewy. Best of all, they’re easy to make!
I remember when when I was a kid, there was a neighbor down our street that would give out large popcorn balls for Halloween. Those were the days when we didn’t worry so much about eating unwrapped treats and I can remember taking a bite and nearly knocking off the brace brackets on my teeth. Funny, that memory has kept me from eating another hard caramel infused popcorn ball, but when popcorn balls are made with gooey, delicious marshmallows, they’re not difficult to eat at all!
These delicious popcorn balls are so pretty, they remind me of something you might find at a candy store. They’re sweet, crunchy, salty and chewy. Best of all, they’re easy to make!
I made these popcorn balls the same way I would make rice krispies treats. I just substituted the popcorn for the rice krispies and added 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips.
I started out by popping a bag of microwaveable popcorn and set it aside to cool while I melted the butter in a large pot. After the butter melted, I added the marshmallows and stirred until they all melted. Next, I poured in the popcorn and the cinnamon chips; rolled them into balls and added cute Halloween sprinkles.
I had a few candy pop sticks that I inserted into the popcorn balls and a jar of cute Halloween sprinkles that I rolled the balls in. The cinnamon chips tasted great with the marshmallows and when the chips melted, they gave the popcorn balls a pretty swirl of orange which made them very festive.
Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- 2.9 oz bag of microwave popcorn , popped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz package regular marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Hershey's cinnamon chips
- 8 lollipop sticks (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Open the bag of microwave popcorn and pop according to package directions. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the cinnamon chips and stir.
- Pour in the popcorn and stir until well coated.
- If using sprinkles, pour them into a bowl and set aside.
- Rub butter on your hands and form popcorn into balls.
- Roll in the sprinkles and insert lollipop stick
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram? We’d love to connect, drop by and say hello! If you’d like to read more from ZagLeft, be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
As a gift to our readers, subscribers can receive our free eCookbook.