This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It’s grilling time and this Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad is a perfect choice for the grill!
This time of year I seem to crave salads. I’ve always enjoyed them as a lunch option, however, I find I’m making salads more frequently for dinner. No one on this end is complaining, that’s for sure. Especially when the salads are topped with tantalizingly delicious and appealing ingredients. Grilled shrimp happens to be a perfect topping for a salad. I love the taste of shrimp when it’s cooked on the grill, especially when it’s been “swimming” in a light and flavorful lemon marinade.
This is a very simple salad, really. Lettuce, tomatoes and red onions tossed in a lemon-dijon vinaigrette and topped with grilled shrimp and slices of avocados. It’s also a recipe that you could easily add your favorite toppings and other favorite vegetables to.
This grilled shrimp and avocado salad is light and delicious and a perfect salad for dinner. The vinaigrette is low in calories and perfect if you’re watching your intake.
Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad – Summertime dinner
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce of your choice (I used a mixture of arugula and baby spinach)
- pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Prepare the marinade by whisking all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour over shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare the grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Prepare the salad dressing by whisking the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado slices and red onion in a serving bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Toss the salad and top with grilled shrimp.